17.10.07

Continental's New Flights to Bombay

Not too long ago, I was surfing the web and came upon the new India flights from Continental Airlines. It didn't come as a surprise, as Delta and American already had their direct flights.

What did come as a surprise was the destination - Bombay. For me, this was great news as that's a city in India that I'm familiar with and, for all intents and purposes, its the New York City of India.

So I decided that I must check it out.

The first, most important, aspect of this flight is the schedule.

CO48 - Outbound from EWR to BOM, leaves at 8 pm and arrives at 8:30 pm, 14 hours later (give or take an hour).

CO49 - Inbound from BOM to EWR, departs at 11:45 pm from Bombay and gets in at 5:30 am, about 14 hours later.

Both flights fly a polar route with flights over Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I flew on October 12th, which was only a week after their inaguration.

More after the break ...

No comments: