18.10.07

Delta's Revamped Website

Those of us who were once Delta customers probably recall how aweful their service was. In fact, I'd wager a guess that many of us were pleased when we heard the news of their possible demise.

Now that they are out of bankruptcy, they've done a tidy job of improving everything about their operations. Most notable is their website. It allows you to do everything regarding your flight online, and in my experience, has very reasonable fares, albeit with connections.

In addition, like Continental, they give you 24 hours to cancel a web ticket with a full refund.

Then comes the obvious question - what about their flights?

I suspect their website had a bug earlier this year as there was a certain behavior that has ceased to appear. If I tried booking my tickets too close to my date of travel, when I used to book discounted coach seats, I'd also get First Class seats at coach prices. For most of this summer, I flew Delta first class at full coach fares. Sadly, this has stopped.

Delta has two configurations for their jets.

More on that shortly ...

No comments: